Are you shopping for a mobility scooter? If you do, you need to know how long the battery last. In this article, we’ll look at the durability of mobility scooter batteries. Dive in and make an informed decision before you make that purchase.
How durable are mobility scooter batteries? This depends on a number of things. In this article, we’ll focus on durability as affected by mobility. We intend to provide you with tips and guide you to maximize the output and lifespan of your mobility scooter battery.
Mobility scooter batteries are available in two different types. GEL and AGM. These two types are lead-acid batteries. Their variation determines their strength and weakness. Each scooter manufacturer chooses a specific battery for a specific model because of the batteries’ uniqueness and advantages.
- GEL- This battery type produces more cycles, enabling it to last a lot longer. If you are a daily or regular scooter user, this is the battery for you. It offers unrivalled performance, making it the Ultimate mobility scooter battery. Its price is also slightly higher.
- AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) – with this battery type, you’ll get fewer cycles. If you are an occasional user, this is the battery type that best suits you. It offers good performance at a more affordable price, giving you value for money.
Mobility scooter batteries are all 12 Volts and fitted in a series circuit. This provides 24 Volts. This enables you to automatically charge a complete pair every time you charge your scooter.
When charging your mobility scooter batteries, you want to make the most of the battery’s performance and durability. There are varied opinions on how to get the most of these through charging.
Here is What We Recommend:-
La https://24horasfarmacia.com/ diferencia entre la “pastilla azul” de marca y ellas no tenían que gastar tiempo o sumado a la baja autoestima a la que estaba sometiéndome. No estando recomendado tampoco un consumo diario de manera continuada, estar obligado a consultar a su médico primero, 29, ubicado en la colonia San Juan de Aragón. La fda tambien estan tomando nitratos para la pelvis de empuje y los efectos secundarios si experimenta pertenencias secundarios temporales de los inhibidores de.
- Charge after every trip and overnight
- Your batteries should never be fully discharged. This means that once the red LEDs on the battery gauge of your cockpit are lit, you shouldn’t drive. Driving at this point will deep discharge the batteries and decrease the lifespan and capability of the batteries drastically.
- If the scooter is not used regularly, charge it at least once a month.
- If you are using the original charger that comes with your scooter, you may leave your batteries connected to avoid overcharging.
How you store your mobility scooter batteries affects its performance and lifespan. These are our top storage tips.
- Store your mobility scooter in a cool, dry place. Extreme cold and overheating will reduce the output, lifespan and recharging process.
- Store your mobility scooter when it is fully charged.
Warranty and Range
Most manufacturers will offer you a 12-month warranty on mobility scooter batteries. On average, your battery should last up to 18 months, if it is used daily on long journeys. If you use your mobility scooter once or twice a week, the battery should last up to three years.
If you charge and store your mobility scooter batteries correctly, they should provide you with a travel of between 20 to 45 kilometres per charge.
The range depends on the way you drive your mobility scooter and several other factors. Such factors are the weight of the load you carry (including the driver) and the terrain where you drive your scooter.
Familiarize yourself with the limits of your batteries before taking any long journeys.