Exercising is beneficial for not only physical but also your mental health. But you need to ensure that the clothes you wear while training offer you total comfort and freedom of movement. The right workout tights allow you to bend, twist, and stretch your body conveniently. However, since there are lots of options in the market, it can be difficult for women to decipher which ones are the best for them. It’s wise to look for gym tights with an ultra-smooth finish and compression support. Such tights come with a high waistband and have a design that flatters your figure. Thus, the tights keep you fully supported throughout the training session. If you are searching for suitable tights for the gym, keep in mind the points mentioned below.
Assess the Fabric
You must assess the fabric of your leggings or tights and buy those that have moisture-wicking properties. Gym tights with a firm fabric blend of 87% nylon and 13% elastane are soft and supportive. Such leggings don’t modify the fit of the garments you wear. Moreover, they have a superior squat construction panel that’s double-lined. It ensures that the legging does not become see-through while you are engaged in tough workouts. These leggings are perfect wear for both inside and outside the gym. You can find them in a variety of styles and size ranges.
Find the Right Length and Rise
Tights majorly come in three lengths. These include the following:
- Full-length – They go till the bottom of your leg. If you indulge in running, this length will be ideal for you.
- 7/8 length – Tights of this length extend till above the ankle and below your calf.
- Capri length – Capri length tights extend till mid-calf. They give more breathability than tights with a longer length, but their coverage is more significant than gym shorts.
Apart from the length, you can also find different types of rises across different lengths of leggings. They include the following.
- Mid-rise – Mid-rise tights rise below the belly button.
- High-rise – These tights hit above or at the belly button.
Find How Flexible You Feel
You must be able to move freely while wearing the tights. If you cannot do so, you need to consider another option. Workout gear, like tights or leggings, is meant to be comfortable. You should not feel uncomfortable while doing any exercise. While exploring the various options, think about the movements you generally do. If you usually engage in cardio, opt for short tights. But if you engage in long-duration workouts like yoga, opt for full-length leggings. Wear leggings and do a few stretching exercises. If you don’t feel uncomfortable, you’ve got the perfect item.
Look for Key Features
Different features in your tights can enhance your workout session as they provide additional comfort and convenience. Here are some features you can consider.
- Pockets – Discrete pockets at the side of the leggings will allow you to keep your small valuables like a snack or keys intact.
- Drawstring waist – Drawstring-adjustable waistband leggings tie at the waist. They impart additional security and are ideal for runners.
- The seams – Tights with exposed stitching result in a flattering and contoured shape. They also offer more support to the muscles.
- Mesh panels – Mesh panels ventilate the parts of your body where you sweat the most. Thus, you stay cool during the training session.
A comfortable pair of tights will allow you to get the most out of your workout. Look for the features mentioned above, so you invest in highly comfortable leggings.